- I collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services.
I can’t control them but I don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- I never share your data with 3rd parties except to help me deliver my own services.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading. Remember, you are agreeing to this whole document, not just this summary!
The websites collect anonymous data from every visitor to monitor traffic and fix bugs.
For example, it collects information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
You can block or delete cookies and still be able to use the websites, but with limitations / restrictions.
In order to take advantage of certain features, you may also choose to provide other personal information, such as your picture or personal website, but your decision to utilize these features and provide such data will always be voluntary.
Use of the Data
I only use your personal information to provide you services or to communicate with you about my products and services.
With respect to any data you may choose to upload, I take the privacy and confidentiality of such data seriously.
I encrypt all documents, and permanently delete any redacted edits you make to documents.
If you choose to make a document public, I recommend you redact any and all references to people and addresses, as I can't protect public data and I am not responsible for any violation of privacy law you may be liable for.
I do not share personal information you have provided to me without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it's needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it's needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
My websites and services are operated from the Germany.
If you are using my websites and services from outside of Germany, you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide me according to this policy.
I may contact you, by email or other means. For example, I may send you promotional emails relating to my projects and services or other third parties I feel you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of my products and services. I may also use technology to alert me via a confirmation email when you open an email from me. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. If you do not want to receive email from my websites and services, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any email or by editing your profile preferences.
Sharing of Data
I don't share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the websites and services.
I currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization).
I listed below what data these third parties extract exactly. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
- Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
I also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. I am not responsible for the privacy policies and / or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
If I make major changes in the way we collect or use information, I will notify you by posting an announcement on my websites and services or sending you an email.
Should you have any question or concern, please contact me.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Why are cookies needed?
Cookies help me:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalize our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies I use below:
What cookies are being set?
alexander-diller.de - (First Party) Used to store your login session for the website.
youtube.com, *.ytimg.net - (Third Party) Used for our YouTube "Subscribe" button as well as the embedded YouTube videos available on the forum.
Cookies on *.alexander-diller.de
|Domain||Name||Expires||Company||Information||Type||1st or 3rd party|
|Google Analytics (*.alexander-diller.de)||_ga||2 years||analytics||3rd|
|Google Analytics (*.alexander-diller.de)||_get_UA-*******-*||every day||analytics||3rd|
An asterisk * serves as placeholder
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
To opt out of this analysis by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
Control Cookies and how to opt-out
I think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of my websites and apps,
and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below.
(Please note that you cannot opt out of the use of Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage as these are necessary for the technical operation of the platform.)
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the platform. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here.
- You can also disable analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device.
- You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising at the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based Your Online Choices. Or you may choose to change your browser settings to opt-out of cookies.
- To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device:
- On Android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings.
- On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier.
- To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
Consent to Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you choose to use this website or any other website / apps from me, without blocking or disabling cookies or opting out of these technologies (as described above),
If you do not consent to the use of these technologies, please be sure to block or disable them using your browser settings, the opt-out links above, or the settings on your mobile device!